Yes, I am a swap addict.
Knit 1 Tea 2 Color Swap Questionnaire
1. Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try?
Both. I find bags convenient (and more portable) so use them often, But I do also have an infuser that gets a lot of use.
2. What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)?
I tend toward flavored black teas. You can't go wrong with earl grey, but I have also played with tropical blacks, caramel blacks, and mixing teas. Oh and chai is a serious part of my life too.
3. Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up).
I love blacks. Whites are awesome and there are great reds. Green i tend to find bitter, but if you mix it with enough fruit, it's all good.
4. Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind?
5. What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself?
Hmmm. I'm sure there is stuff I don't even know I need, but I guess paper filters for making your own tea bags.
6. How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc). Yes! Although I think mani/pedis and yummy treats occur more often than baths in my life.
7. If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why?
Hmmm, I would definitely be variegated. And soft. The only question is would I be a nubby cotton or a smooth wool.
8. If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why?
Well, I have made a fair isle sweater, so that seems to make sense. I have also made a fun fur scarf, and while I do not have the burning hatred of fun fur that so many do, I am dabbling in more natural fibers these days.
9. What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?)
It would have to be really good, so more likely either a family event or a youth group event. So nothing more fun (not that garden parties, book clubs, yoga or action movies aren't fun, because they all are, but tea parties rock.)
10. What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?)
Well, I would feel totally robbed if there were no sweets. I also think scones should be there. I love a little savory to break it up too.
11. When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute? Sometimes I look at a pattern and can envision it in a yarn I have seen, so I'll check the gauge and see if that works. I usually do look to see what yarn they suggest, and if it's a yarn I love or have been craving, then sure. I would say, more often than not I deviate from the suggested yarn.
12. What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go?
Bags, purses, totes - I have many and tend to rotate.
13. Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting?
Since we're on summer series, I would have to go with "Eureka" which is TV and not a movie, but there you go. "Intervention" is also good, since often it makes you want to look away anyway.
14. Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match?
Mugs. I have gazillions since I used to buy everything Starbucks put and sale and then some. I do also have a set from China that has cups, which I have been "saving", but I need to get over that and just use it.
15. Favorite childhood birthday party?
No idea. I only remember snippets of watching movies or going to children's theatre. But they were nice.
16. Favorite type of scone and jam?
Plain scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream.
17. If you use candles, what is your favorite scent?
Right now I have crisp apple and pure linen.
18. If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead).
Keanu Reeves, just because I'd really like to talk to him, particularly about being Hawaiian and Chinese and in the public eye. Lauren Graham because she seems like she would be a lot of fun. And Nora Roberts, so i can pick her brain. (Nicely.)
19. You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)?
I don't get enough opportunities to wear my party clothes, so for tea, definitely.
20. Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to?
Not a fan of scratchy textures.
21. Anything we missed that you want your pal to know?
I think we're good.