I saw this over on Marjorie M Liu's blog and totally had to try it.
List twelve characters from any fandom (which I am interpeting as from any sci/fantasy/paranormal movie/book/TV), and then answer the following questions.
1. Kira (The Dark Crystal)
2. Sarah (The Labrinth)
3. Luke Skywalker (Star Wars)
4. Neo (Matrix)
5. Joe (Eureka)
7. Kim Possible
8. Noah (Kay Hooper's SCU series)
9. Miranda (Kay Hooper's SCU series)
10. Wesley (The Princess Bride)
11. Helo (Battlestar Galactica)
12. Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica)
1. Who would make a better college prof, 6 or 11?
Helo, because he has infinite patience. Buffy likes leading and teaching, but ultimately I think Helo would do better.
2. Do you think 2 is hot? How hot?
Well, Jennifer Connelly was something like fourteen when she played the character, but sure.
3. 12 sends 8 out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed?
I'm not so sure Starbuck buys into the woo-woo powers that SCU deal with so she would totally set him up to fail. But Noah would, of course, succeed which would really impress Starbuck.
4. What is or would be 9's favorite book?
Something fun, but well written. Maybe she'd like Christine Feehan or something.
5. Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
These are not fealty people, but Sarah would bend to that faster than Buffy.
6. For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he share a studio apartment with 9 or 10?
Joe's pretty laid back, but I think he would enjoy hanging with Miranda a little more.
7. 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Oh my God, I totally want to join them! Well, Kim eats a lot of junk food and Starbuck eats a lot of the world ended food, so I think Sarah's picking the restaurant, somewhere nice, but not too dressy where they can get some really food food.
8. 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
Poor Luke, he's really good with the force and all that, but Wesley is more determined. But hopefully, they would go to first blood or something.
9. If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would she/he get it back?
Well, 8's most precious thing is probably Miranda, but assuming we are talking about an item and not a person, wings will only help Kira so much. But I also think she's feel really bad and give it back.
10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
The Defeat of Drakken and the Cylons.
11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
Well, Neo and Kira are both questy folks, so definitely some sort of quest/save the world type deal.
12. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
Oh, we shop and gossip, it'd be great.
13. If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
Mind blank. No idea.
14. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11?
15. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
I think Sara's sense of drama would have her choosing Neo.
16. What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
Charge! (Not original, I know.)
17. If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
I got nothing. And I love songs. But - nothing.
18. 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
Starbuck. She's so over that I'll be polite. She's been eating algae, okay.
19. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
Could I see you sword? (Okay, I didn't mean that to sound quite as dirty as it does.)
20. What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Playing with the time/space continuum - again.
21. What is 6's secret?
That she's a slayer.
22. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
I think Helo is faster, but Miranda's sneaky. I'd bet on Helo though.
23. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
While Noah can hold his own, Kim would be faster with the kick-ass. Although Noah might be more forbidding looking.
24. 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
Crystals in the Matrix.