Book Binge is running a contest, and we know how I am about those. So, here goes.
1. What is your favorite Christmas romance to re-read each year?
I don't have a favorite that I pull out each year. But I recently read the Holidays Are Hell anthology and adored Vicki Pettersson's contribution The Harvest which - despite the fact that the title makes me think of a creepy "Buffy" episode - totally blew me away. And it's about Thanksgiving, but that's what I've got.
2. What is your favorite Christmas movie/show?
"Home Alone". I love the music. And I love the idea of a seven year old who is home alone deciding he needs to do laundry.
3. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
4. When do you start Christmas shopping?
I'm one of those people who usually makes some things, so I usually start getting materials for that around September and then they languish until December when I realize that time has just totally gotten away from me. The things I buy - I have discovered I am more efficient if I do it in one swoop near the holidays. When I start early I end up buying more.
5. Do you re-gift?
Yes. I have no problem trying to find better homes for things than mine, as appropriate.
6. What is your favorite Christmas song?
7. When do you get your Christmas tree?
I usually get a small live tree (bonsai sized) - don't have it yet though.
8. Wrapping presents: Love it or hate it?
If I plan appropriately, I actually enjoy the process. If I am trying to do it at the last minute - not so much.
9. Who is the hardest person to buy for?
My sister. She has very specific tastes and it's just difficult.
10. Christmas tree: Real or artificial?
I have an articial one somewhere (also tiny - I move a lot). I prefer live (not chopped) but recognize that's not very practical for a lot of people.
Thanks to fellow contest junkie Super Librarian for the link.