Being a writer means googling weird things sometimes. Here's a small sample. (Not all for the same story.)
1. CPR. I knew they had changed it, but couldn't quite remember how. Hilariously, the Wikipedia entry includes the warning that while you can perform it on animals, you should probably only do it on unconscious animals lest they bite you. (It's a good tip.)
2. Effects of date rape drugs. (This one I was very careful in my phrasing. My character was a victim not a criminal.)
3. Honor council proceedings.
4. College chemistry syllabus.
5. Hiking tips for Hawaii.
7. Famous people born in DC.