I know David Bowie is know for many things. But even though I didn't see "Labyrinth" until I was a teen and some kids I babysat for insisted I watch it when they discovered I had this pop culture gap, I adore it. And, so, on hearing of Mr. Bowie's passing, I watched it again last night and remembered so many things I love about this story. So, seven things from this movie.
2. Sometimes how you ask is as important as what you ask.
3. The way forward is sometimes the way back.
4. Things are not always as they seem. (Nor are they always fair.)
5. People will often try to distract you from your goals. They may even be false alarms, which mean you are on the right track.
6. The journey is better with friends. Even if you don't need them for any reason. ("Should you need us, for any reason at all...")
7. "My will is as strong as yours and my kingdom as great. You have no power over me."