1. I cannot write 1667 words a day for 30 days. I can however, apparently write somewhere between zero and 4000.
2. This year I actually even had some plot left over when I hit 50,000.
3. That does not mean that I don't have a ton of sitting and talking scenes.
4. It turns out that butt in chair thing really works. Or butt in couch.
5. There will always be someone who makes your progress look ridiculous. Whether it's the person who - despite having kids and stuff crossed the finish line two weeks ago or the person who had the flu and started late and still made up all that time and finished.
6. Editing is for December. Or January.
7. Still, 50k - whether you get there slow and steady, or in ginormus bursts is awesome.